Week Ending January 4th, 2019
Content Covered: On Wisdom
By three methods we may learn wisdom: first, by reflection, which is noblest; second, by imitation, which is easiest; third, by experience, which is bitterest.
Many may consider endings to be bitter sweet, lingering remains of days gone by. While you aren’t wrong, personally, I find the process of expressing gratitude as a way to reflect on all that has come to be and as a way to bring into conscious awareness what I deem important and impactful to my being.
Which is why, this post is a reflection on all that I am grateful for in the year 2018.
- Registering my own company; and hosting my first official workshop though the UCSC Career Center.
- Taking a social intelligence workshop in SF; networking and meeting people who have now become my close friends.
- Taking our first out of state cabin trip with my besets of friends; deepening those relationships.
- Receiving admission into my Masters Program.
- Facing loss; and finding the courage to move on in life in the presence of Tia’s absence.
- Bringing home baby Rini, our little bundle of joy.
- Feeling wanted and loved at Gilead; and still mustering the courage to say goodbye.
- Moving to Boston, and meeting my lovely roommates.
- Attending my first wedding in South Carolina.
- Being met with love, kindness and warmth as I transitioned my life from California to Boston.
- Paying for my own house, and having my own address.
- Embracing the uncertainty of a new house, a new town, a new self; and finding the courage to believe in my ability to adapt, learn and grow in any and all spaces.
- Meeting new friends; and forming deep and meaning connections in the span of a few months.
- Learning how to keep in touch through distance; and deepen relationships.
- Understanding myself, and finding the courage to listen to a voice that doesn’t speak – even if that means that I have to do something that scares me.
Thank you 2018, you have given me much, taught me much, taken from me much. And I believe it all to have been valuable. Through the pain, the happiness, the sadness and the love, now I am ready for all that 2019 has to offer.
Leave a Reply